Courageous Conversations About Race by Glenn Singleton
Create a systemwide plan for transforming the district office, schools, and classrooms into places that truly support ALL students achieving their highest levels!
This updated edition of the highly acclaimed bestseller continues to explain the need for candid, courageous conversations about race so that educators may understand why student disengagement and achievement inequality persists and learn how they can develop a curriculum that promotes true educational equity and excellence. Almost a decade since its original publication, the revised book includes new features as well as preserves the core content that led to many schools’ and districts’ success.
- NEW! Courageous Conversation Compass
- NEW! Racial autobiographies, offering more focused and relevant voices from a diverse group of skilled Courageous Conversation practitioners
- NEW! Case study on St. Paul Public Schools, a district that has stayed on track with Courageous Conversations and successfully implemented the Systemic Racial Equity Transformation Framework
- NEW! Links to video segments featuring the author describing different aspects of the work
- UPDATED! Implementation exercises
- UPDATED! Activities and checklists for school and district leaders
- UPDATED! Action steps for creating an effective equity team