More Courageous Conversations About Race By Glenn Singleton
Since the highly acclaimed Courageous Conversations About Race offered educators a framework and tools for promoting racial equity, many schools have implemented the Courageous Conversations Protocol. Now, author Glenn Singleton shares the challenges that have often led to random acts of equity and pockets of excellence rather than systemic transformation.
In a book that’s rich with anecdote, Singleton celebrates the successes, outlines the difficulties, and provides specific strategies for moving Courageous Conversations from racial equity theory to practice at every level, from classroom to the school superintendent’s office. Voices From the Inside narratives, written by champions of racial equity, offer moving illustrations of personal, professional, and organizational transformations.
Here’s the MORE in More Courageous Conversations About Race:
- Examines the knowing-doing gap and suggests ways to transform your passion for racial equity into a powerful purpose that can transform our nation’s schools and classrooms.
- Demonstrates the positive outcomes for students and their schools when educators have the will, the skill, and the knowledge to sustain courageous conversations about race.
- Shows how the social and political climate provides increasing challenges to ensuring that underserved students get the educational opportunities they need to succeed.
- Explicitly embraces other people of color in the drive for racial equity and illustrates how the Courageous Conversations Protocol can be applied to their circumstances.
- Offers specific advice for engaging leaders beyond the school house door—district staff, superintendents, school boards, and local community leaders—and underscores the importance of their contributions.
If you are committed to exercising leadership on behalf of all students, and especially underserved students of color, More Courageous Conversations About Race provides insight and inspiration for achieving your racial equity purpose.