Pacific Educational Group is a consulting firm committed to forging racial equity. Over its 25-year history, its mission has expanded from its original focus on transforming PreK-12 education and the United States. A broader scope of work now addresses race in higher education, corporations, non-profits, and law enforcement in Canada, New Zealand, and Australia, as well.
We believe systemic racism is the most devastating factor contributing to the diminished capacity of all people, and especially people of color and indigenous people, to achieve at the highest levels. It fractures our communities and erodes the support and nourishment we would otherwise receive from them. We cannot hope to eliminate the racially predictable outcomes of our lives unless we first discuss race and racism in a way that is earnest, honest, and sustainable.
To that end, we have developed Courageous Conversation™, a process to understand and discuss race explicitly. Hundreds of thousands of people have learned The Courageous Conversation About Race Protocol ™ from Pacific Educational Group’s diverse and dynamic staff. These representatives of various professions, regions, and life experiences work together to design curriculum, facilitate seminars, and coach leaders to use Courageous Conversation ™ in their personal and professional lives.
- University of Pennsylvania, B.A., Communications
- Stanford University, M.A., Education: Administration & Policy Analysis
- San Francisco State University – BA in Social Science & Ethnic Studies
- San Francisco State University – Standard Elementary Credential
- San Francisco State University – MA in Educational Leadership
- University of Minnesota, B.A., Spanish with a Minor in Latin American Studies
- University of Minnesota, M.A., Second Languages and Cultures
- University of Minnesota, Certificate in PK-12 Educational Administration
- Superintendent Licensure, Minnesota State University, Mankato
- Florida Agricultural and Mechanical University, B.S. Elementary Education
- University of Northern Iowa, M.A. Educational Technology and Media
- University of Saint Mary’s – BS in Human Resource Management
- MGST – BA in Administration, Human Development
- San Jose State University, B.A., Psychology
- B.A., Early Childhood and Elementary Education, Eckerd College, St. Petersburg, Florida
- M.Ed, Educational Leadership, West Georgia College, Carrollton, Georgia
- B.A., Sociology, Augsburg College, Minneapolis, MN.
- M.Ed., Educational Leadership, St. Mary’s University of Minnesota
- Certificate in PK-12 Educational Administration, St. Mary’s University of Minnesota
- University of Charleston, West Virginia, Elementary Education K-5 and Special Education K-12, B.A.
- Buffalo State College, State University of New York, Learning Disabilities and Behavioral Disorders, MS. Ed.
- California State University, Sacramento, Educational Administration and Policy Studies, Urban Administration, Credential
- University of California at Santa Barbara, B.A. Black Studies
- Mississippi State University, M.S. Counselor Education, Student Development
- Tougaloo College, B.A. Health & Physical Education
- Jackson State University, M.S.Ed. Health, Physical Education & Recreation
- University of Georgia, Administrative Credential
- California State University East Bay, Ed.D. Educational Leadership for Social Justice
- Duke University, Durham, NC – B.S., Geology
- St. Peter’s College, Jersey City, NJ – M.A., Educational Leadership
- Barbara Brennan School of Healing, Boca Raton, FL – BBHS Practitioner
- Emory University, B.A. African American Studies
- The University of St. Andrews, Bobby Jones Scholar
- Temple University, Future Faculty Fellow
- UC Berkeley, Chancelor’s Fellow
- B.A., Bethany College, Liberal Arts
- MDV, Princeton Theological Seminar
- PhD, Princeton University, Religion, Ethics and Politics
- New Horizons Computer Learning Center, Certified HTML/Administering Windows NT
- Laney College, Oakland, CA, Business Administration
- Occidental College, A.B., Biology
- Washington State University, M.S., Zoology
- University of Utah, M.A., Modern Dance
- Heritage College, Washington Program Administration Certificate
- University of Minnesota, Certificate in K-12 Educational Administration